Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

10 Things You Can Do to Be More Productive

10 Things You Can Do to Be More Productive-

            Fitness requires a fine balance between all the separate aspects of your life. Every aspect of your life pulls the others in certain directions either towards or away from being fit. Being able to stay productive is one of the characteristics that make being an overall “fit” individual possible. When it takes you four hours to do a simple task that should have taken one, you lose three hours that could have been spent working on other parts of your fitness (*coughcough working out cough*) Having more time available to you, will also create a less stressful life. Having always been near the top of the unproductive group of the world, by necessity, I have come up with ways that I stay productive.

1. Create a list of things that are productive and a list of things that are unproductive-

           Use this list to determine whether the activity that you are currently participating in is productive or not. If the activity is productive, keep on rocking. If it’s unproductive, determine what you should be doing instead.

2. Give yourself some time for being unproductive-

Set a timer to a certain amount of time while you are doing an unproductive task and make sure you stop when the timer is up.

3. Take breaks-

 Nobody can stay focused and productive forever. If you've been really productive, you deserve to take a break. If you have time and you've been productive for a long period of time, you need a longer break, go workout. It will give you a huge boost of energy and really, I have working out on my list of things I NEED to do anyway. Two birds, one stone.

4. Do Push-ups while working-

While I’m doing homework, I often find myself straining to stay on the productive task. If I force myself to do pushups every 15 minutes that elapse with my homework unfinished, regardless of what I spent the time on, I find that I crank out homework quickly and efficiently without wasting as much time.

5. Try using a White Noise generator-

Simplynoise.com
block outside noise and help keep your mind clutter free. On your computer, I suggest http://simplynoise.com/   3 separate types of noise and an oscillation mode to change it up. My favorite is “brown noise” with the oscillator on.

6. Figure out what certain types of music does to your productivity levels.

 I find that during normal homework, such as prob
lem solving and note-regurgitation, I excel listening to soft soothing music that I am familiar with so I disregard any lyrics. During essay writing, I find myself being much more productive listening to high-paced techno. I’m sure everyone is different, figure out what is best for you.

7. Get rid of cable-  

               All having cable does for you is gives you a reason to waste time. If you have a show you watch, there are other ways to watch shows without cable. Having the ability at all times to flip on the TV and surf and waste time watching shows you don’t even like, is a productivity killer.

8. Take tasks in chunks-

               When you have something you need to do. Cut the task into much smaller mini-tasks. If you think of how much you have to do, it really takes away from your ability to start. If you have 8 smaller things to do, it won’t be as hard to start.

9. Drink More Water-

               If you are dehydrated you will have less energy an
d nobody wants to be productive when they’re tired. Remember that if you are feeling thirsty at all, you are already dehydrated.

10. Lose Yourself-

               Make yourself available to only do your work. If it isn’t necessary for your work turn off the internet. Have someone (hopefully not too evil) change your social media passwords for the period of time you need to work. “Lose” your phone in the other room. The world is full of distractions and the less distractions, the better.


Today's Workout


4x4 Bench Press

4x4 Incline DB press

4x10 Weighted Dips

3x8 DB Flyes

3x8 Skull-Crusher 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks I may not be a college student however I found some of these suggestions quite helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that. I try to aim my posts in a way that can help anyone and everyone who needs a little help :)

    ReplyDelete

Questions or Concerns? Ask