Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday- Cardio Day



Tuesday-  Cardio Day

            One of the most important things that someone can forget is that muscle confusion is absolutely key to making gains and getting the results that you are looking for. As a college student, I have learned to maximize my time working out because frankly, I do not have time to waste. 

             I have long since taken a chunk out of my day consciously to devout to working out. That is the biggest step to overcome. When you do not think that you have the time to work out, you are LYING to yourself. When you are studying, there is no single better study break than a good workout, it renews your body, it wakes you up and gets you ready to start cramming again. 

            I have a Chemistry Exam coming up that I have been studying for, and it happens to be 10pm while I'm writing this. But the addiction to bettering my body and to get the blood moving is egging me onto my workout. 

           I am currently in a cycle where I weight train Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and the Tuesday and Thursday are devoted to cardio. When I feel overly ambitious, I will supplement weight training days with cardio at the end. This sacrifices some of the anabolic state that weight training puts you in, but remember my goal is to keep the pounds off and create a leaner, muscular body and that requires a higher calorie output and anything helps. I choose to do my abdominal exercises everyday because the vision I see myself in at the end of my journey, is with me having huge washboard abs. 


          My workout today will include:

                    - 5 Minute Warm-up
                    - Dynamic Stretches- High knees pulls, Butt Kick pulls
                    - Stationary Bike Interval Training
                           -1 Minute High Resistance High RPM  
                           -30 Seconds Lower Resistance Low RPM
                           -30 Seconds High Resistance High RPM
                           -30 Seconds Lower Resistance Low RPM
                           -REPEAT X8 (hint: Change resistance levels for help but make sure to challenge yourself.)
                     -Abs- 
                            -20    V Toe- Touches
                            -1 Minute Pushup Plank
                            -20 Each side Bicycle Crunches
                            -1 Minute Pushup Plank
                            -20 Each side Crossover Sit-ups
                            -As many pushups as I can do. 
                            -Repeat X2
                       -5 Minute Cooldown Walk/Run
                       -Stretch- Anything that either feels tight or fatigued.
                       -Protein Shake- I believe Protein Shakes are vital to recovery (even on cardio days.)

free web site traffic and promotion
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Concerns? Ask