Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Beginning of Your Healthy Lifestyle


Fitness as a Mantra

My Goal, My Story, My Mission Being a college or university student often provides numerous challenges to maintaining or beginning a "Fit" lifestyle. This blog is devoted to providing daily advice, motivation, and sample workouts that have been proven to improve my life and my fitness while still being a social college student.


As most college students are, I was fearful of the dreaded "Freshman Fifteen" It is one of the most talked about topics when High School students are beginning to talk about their fears of going off to college. The "Freshman Fifteen" is contributed mostly to being away from home for the first time in your life. You have to make your own decisions for the first time in your life. You have to decide whether to have that delicious piece of Pizza or that lean-meat Stir Fry that can often be equally tasty. The majority of kids who go from being active in sports in high school, do not play sports in College. This leads to a large amount of students who for the first time in their life may be thinking to themselves, "I have nothing to train for, why should I go workout." I know personally, I had that exact moment. I went through the majority of Freshman year thinking that those fifteen pounds were just a myth and nobody actually gained fifteen pounds in their freshman year... I was SOOOOOOO WRONG. By Christmas break I was pushing a Freshman Twenty around hanging off of my stomach and love handles. By the end of Freshman year, I had gained FORTY pounds and you could not even imagine what that did to my prior 4-Season High School Athlete body.. It was disgusting and the end of Freshman Year of College, I vowed to never slip into that kind of lifestyle again.

                                                                                 My Story


In the Four month summer that followed
freshman year, I decided to make a conscious decision to lead a healthier lifestyle, not only to exercise more, but to eat healthier. I would not recommend jumping into as hard of a routine as I did. I lost 40 POUNDS in the six months after I decided I needed a change. This kind of dramatic loss is not even reachable for most people. Me being a wrestler in high school, I had come up with some knowledge and extreme ways in keeping my cravings in check, and turning working out into an addiction. A healthy addiction not only have a sexy body, but to be physically fit.

My goal is to keep all of you readers away from not only the dreaded "Freshman Fifteen" but help you achieve and sculpt the body that you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Concerns? Ask