Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Body Weight Exercise- Day 4- Abs and Pull-ups

I feel as though I accomplished my goals for yesterday. My workout last night made me regret picking to live on the fourth floor. Stairs have been painful and tiring last night as well as today. But it is a reminder that I am going to get better and feel better as this month goes on. Not to be cliche or anything but, No pain No gain. 

Today's plan is mostly just to rest up and loosen up and get some ab work and cardio in. We'll only be doing a few sets of Pull-ups and only because it's important to keep the volume of Pull-ups up in the first part of this challenge so that we can end up moving to higher and higher amounts. I feel that a full days rest from them is enough to be able to get a nice benefit from a few sets today. 

As this month is fully underway as of now, I have been trying to eat healthier and less than I had been the weeks leading up to it. Choosing a turkey burger rather than pizza. Wraps instead of subs. Water instead of Juice. Getting to a healthier point in your life is all about making choices. If you can get yourself to make a healthier option, do it. You will probably benefit from it. I have been processing a few ideas for diet plans and such that I feel I would benefit from immensely. I just have to talk my mind into being able to follow it for the period of time necessary. 

Two options that I am considering starting soon are: Vegetarian or Low-Carb. 
I'll be the first to admit that I love a good burger or a steak or some pasta and potatoes... oh french fries. I also know that both of these diets could help me lose a significant amount of fat that I'd love to lose still. If I end up doing the vegetarian option, I will still be using my protein post-workout, and I'll probably still drink milk and eat eggs. I'm not going to go vegan, that's just nuts. I couldn't do that to myself. I'm contemplating both of these options and I do not know if I'll try either or maybe I'll try both. Who knows. Just weighing the options. If any of you have any suggestions, comments, questions. Just post in the comment section. I'm looking for opinions if you have any. 

Thursday- Day 4- 

Warm-up: 5 minute Exercise bike. 

4x8 Pull-ups. 
5x5 Exercise ball Pike-to- Rollout
4x20 Crunches
4x45 second Push-up planks
4x20 V-Sit ups
4x10 each side   Push-up Plank  knee to opposite elbows. 

30 Minutes Bike or Elliptical for Cardio work. 

Work hard because hard work pays off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Concerns? Ask