Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pole Sculpt Review and Today's Workout

Pole Sculpt Review


Yesterday I went to try out the "Pole Sculpt" Class at the same place that I do ZUMBA. Going into it, I was nervous that I was going to have to spin around and such, like a stripper. I wasn't really excited for that idea and was happy when she explained that we wouldn't be spinning around like a stripper and would be climbing and holding our body weight up in different ways to work different muscles. When we were starting the instructor told us that we could use some sticky wax to help keep our grip, at first I thought that I would be fine. I was wrong. We had just finished ZUMBA and I was really sweating it up. I put the grip on and it helped quite a bit. It was still hard getting the hang of the grip techniques to prevent slipping and I was having a lot of trouble. The instructor said that eventually I would get much better and the gripping the pole would be easier. Looking past the grip aspect, the class was HARD. I could really feel the burn in my shoulders and arms as we were going along. My goal is to be able to do the flag (arms extended above your head with legs straight out horizontally) eventually so I will be going to these classes as much as possible. It was a good time and I would suggest it to anyone who wants to work hard at something.


The last few days I have been doing workouts twice a day and I've been feeling great. On Monday I went to the playground with a friend who is joining the army and we made up a workout on the spot and it turned out to be a really good workout. You don't need to go to a gym to get a workout. Just crossing the monkey bars can be a really good workout. You can do push-ups and pull-ups and dips and all sorts of exercises on playground equipment that you would normally do in gym. If you want to succeed, you have to be willing to do things that are out of your norm. Don't make excuses, you can go workout.


Today's Workout-


2 rotations of Max
          -Wide grip pullups, Narrow pullups, neutral grip pullups
3x10 Lat Pull Down
3x10 Lat Hammerstrength Row
3x8  Bent-over Rows
2x20 Back Extensions
2x 30 second Supermans

I'm about to go for a nice jog, I plan on running more and more to work my knee so that I can eventually run as much as I want without being sore. That's my goal right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Concerns? Ask