Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Daily Workout-Power Clean Day and Zumba Review

Power Clean Day-

       ZUMBA Review

    Last night I attended my first ZUMBA class and, to say the least, it was interesting. It had me sweating pretty quickly. It reminded me that I can't even pretend to dance, yet it was fun trying. My legs were burning after only a little bit. Now that I think about it, I probably got a better workout out of it because jumping movements are really hard for me still most of the time. The answer to the question "Were you the only guy?" is yes, I was. It was a little awkward but it felt like a good enough workout that it's worth going to. I feel as though it will help me with my rehab to get back to being able to hop, jump, and cut. My knee was very sore from all the hopping movements that are all over in the class. I feel that if I go a few more times I will be able to actually do all the movements rather than just getting a little overwhelmed in my inability to dance. I would definitely go again. Even if I feel awkward shaking my hips around. 

  Today I had my last therapy and worked really hard there and then went and had a great workout with some varsity football players. I forgot how much I like to Power Clean. There isn't many exercises that make me feel the same way as when I Power Clean. My legs get tired and my arms get droopy, but it makes me feel great afterwards. It was a great day for working out and my body feels fantastic. Check out everything I did between my two workouts below. 


  As I'm still working on how to get the page with exercise descriptions up and running. The link below is a link to show how to properly do a Power Clean.



Today's Workouts-
     
    Therapy-
       Do everything for as long as possible
       
       Bosu Ball Squats
       Bosu Ball Squat Medicine Ball catches
       Bosu Ball Side and Front Lunges
       Box Toe Taps
       Box Jumps


   Workout-
   
     2x8 Power Clean
     4x5 Straight Bar Curls
     Abs
          2x20 Plate twists, 2x20 Plate dips, 2x 30 Second Front, Side, Side Plank.
     Hang Clean Progession (Shrugs, Upright Rows, Hang Clean)
     2x Fail Gorilla Curls/ Hammer Curls
     3x10 Straight Leg Dead Lifts
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Concerns? Ask