Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Squats and Triceps

      Great combo right? Today's workout had me feeling nauseous most of the time. I kind of screwed up when I took my pre-workout compared to the last food intake I had, and that could have played a role in my nauseousness. Or it could have just been that it was the first time that I squatted to leg fatigue rather than knee fatigue in the last 8 months. It felt great, even though I felt like I was going to pass out after. I can't stress how good that makes me feel though. Every time I squat to that extreme I get a rush of energy running through me for the rest of the day. I get that workout high from squatting and that's why I like it.

Remember that compound exercises (exercises that use more than one muscle and joint) burn more calories and get better results with less reps. Another thing to keep in mind is that when you use your lower body in a lift you burn a lot more calories than upper body lifts. This is because your legs are (or should be) bigger than your upper body. Working your legs hard is better for fat loss than only working your upper body. If you want to get a better body faster, go do some squats. Do it.

You don't need to go to a gym to do squats. Do body weight squats, Grab something heavy around the house and hold that and squat. There are tons of ways to get around going to the gym. Utilize these ways.


Today's workout-

3x8 Close Grip Bench
2x10 Parallel Squats
2x10 Sumo Squat Jumps
2x10 Skull Crushers
2x8 Straight Leg Deadlift
2x10 Step-ups
2xFail Dips
2x10 Overhead Tricep Extensions
2x10 Tricep Pushdown

Abs
2x24 Plate Twist
2x24 Plate Oblique Dips
2x30 Three-way Planks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Concerns? Ask