Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Don't Be a Slave to Your Scale

A scale can be a very beneficial tool used in your weight loss/ weight gain goals when used efficiently. You cannot however base where you want to end up on a number on that scale. If you do this, it can lead to you to be disappointed because your hard work isn't getting that number lower. If your body looks better, YOU'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE. Who cares about that number on the scale. I personally weigh myself multiple times a day. This is mostly because of my obsession with how much and for how long things I put in my body affect my body weight. It's okay for me to see what my weight is whenever I want because I don't let it bother me if I'm not where I want to be. I know there are many reasons why the scale might not react to my efforts right away and I am okay with that. My goals are to look better, feel better, and be healthier. I use the scale as a helpful tool rather than let it get me down. It is always nice to look at the scale after a workout and hit a new low you've never hit before. YES I know it's water weight, but if I make a surprise jump down a few pounds it feels good. If you can't just listen to the positives the scale tells you and forget about the negative results, weigh yourself once a week. IF you're more confident, weigh yourself whenever you want. I know that if I keep working hard I'll get to where I want to be, whether or not a scale is telling me I'm getting there. So don't be a slave to your scale, use it as a tool, use it to better yourself and don't forget to take it with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Concerns? Ask