Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Daily Workout- Back

Back Workout-

   Today I was lucky enough to lift in my high school weight room that I am still in love with. I've never been in a weight room that made me feel as at home. It has the right amount of free weights as well as an abundance of Hammer Strength machines. You just don't get the same kind of lift out of pulley machines as you do out of a hammer strength machine. I also missed the atmosphere that is created in that weight room. I am going in a few minutes to do some cardio so working out is on top of my mind right now. I'm just trying to get into the zone right now. I cannot take credit for this workout, my high school strength coach created it and it reminded me of how much I liked (and hated at the same time) going to lift at his workouts. These type of intense workouts are important for building your body to be ready to compete in an athletic sport. The lowered rest time that is expected in between each set really helps for your muscle endurance. 

    My Workout Today-
            Warmup- Agility ladders
 (as fast as you can, for me and my knee that turns out to be pretty slow.)

          -3x6 Pull-ups (Wide grip, Narrow grip, Neutral grip)(3 sets each)
          -3x8 Bent over rows
          -3x8 Hammer Strength Lat Pull down
          -3x20 Calf Raises
          -3x8 Hammer Strength Row
          -2x20 Back Extensions
          -2x30 second superman holds
          -4x20 (sit-ups, crunches, scissor kicks in a row)



I can tell you that I was beat because the pace that we went at for this workout makes it tough. One after the other, short breaks. It really got the sweat going. 

My cardio later will most likely be minute intervals on the ARC machine. Please comment, follow, share my blog with all of your friends. It would be much appreciated. Check back tomorrow for my daily workout. 

3 comments:

  1. Calf raises??? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ill reply simply with a question. Would you rather have big calves or chicken calves?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calves are 70% genetics. I'm fine with tiny calves, still atg squating 315 for reps. Tree trunks!

    ReplyDelete

Questions or Concerns? Ask