Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Body Weight Exercises Day 1

Body Weight Exercises-

As I said, I've been getting a lot of talk generated about how I should guide options more geared towards the female contingency, this is one of the reasons that I am going to use my body as a tool and as an experiment to further my knowledge of how different workout styles can benefit you. I have been on a workout plan that almost entirely involves heavy weights and lower repetition. I am at a point that I feel I am getting burnt out by this. My shoulder has been aching chronically, so much so that I have been electing to skip sets while bench pressing. (Benching is my favorite workout.) I also feel as though I have burned myself out a little bit mentally. It has become harder and harder to entice myself into these hard heavy weight workouts. I have been bulking hard muscle-wise for far too long I feel.  I also  feel as though I need to throw something else at my body and mind to overcome this type of burnout. 

This being said, for the next 30 Days I will be going on an all body weight workout schedule.  I am going to try and develop a workout that helps me tone and strengthen my body in a way that I have not done before. This is an attempt to be a well rounded person, Physically and Mentally. I feel as though this type of workout will provide me a wealth of knowledge on different types of workouts. To do this challenge I will have to go around and do the research necessary to produce an effective workout plan. I hope that you can join me in this 30 day challenge/experiment that I'm going to be putting myself through as well as follow my process and my feelings during this journey. I will be taking stats at frequent intervals so I can then possibly come up with a graph of successes/failures. 

At the beginning of this endeavor I feel as though the higher repetition nature of my challenge is going to improve me by raising the level of muscle endurance I have. The amount of muscle endurance I have in my own opinion is quite atrocious. I also believe that the amount of fat-burn associated with this workout plan will help chisel my body down closer to my goal appearance. 

Day #1- Testing 

Today I will be testing certain areas that I believe will be gauges on how I am improving over the course of this challenge.

I will be testing in a few different areas- 

Pushups- 56 

Pullups- 17

Lunges- 51

Body weight squats- 56

Weight- 200.0 Pounds 

If you would like to join along, make sure that when you are doing these tests, you do not sacrifice form trying to get higher results. These tests will be maxes/ burnouts. I understand that you use some of the same muscles in other tests and that you may not score as high in the others as a result. Just make sure every time you test you go in the same order so you can still see the improvement. Enjoy, because I know that I am very excited to try something new. I will also be doing Cardio workouts along the way approximately 3 days a week. As always feel free to comment and ask questions whenever you feel like you need clarification.

Come back tomorrow to see my workout for the day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Are you doing any core or is that part of the other exercises that are covered? I know that too much core is not good but some seems o.k. There are a few options for body weight and toning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was just baseline testing. I will be including core exercises as well. I just didn't test any core workouts.

    ReplyDelete

Questions or Concerns? Ask