Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Therapy and Leg Day- Opportunity

Therapy Day-

     Today I had therapy for my leg. I was finished with therapy for awhile but I was at a point where I was allowed to go further into exercises such as jumping and I had no idea where to start. Going back to therapy has given me a better baseline to know what I am actually capable of doing. It has helped a lot and I am very happy with the decision to go back. Having someone telling you what to do and wanting to push yourself to the limit in their guidance is a very good way to reach your full potential. This brings me to an important tip.

Choose a Workout Partner Who Motivates You

     If your current workout partner isn't motivating you to
                 1. Go to the Gym  2. Work Hard 3. Stay Focused.
    you need to pick a new partner. There are people out there that better suit your goals. Pick someone who doesn't let you skip a workout you had planned. Pick someone who doesn't just want to talk to you the whole time instead of doing work. Pick someone who is better than you to ask for a little help. If you lift with someone who can lift a lot more than you, strive to be them. Different people offer different incentives of being their workout partner. Weigh the options and pick the best one for you.

      Therapy today consisted of-
       
       10 minutes on the Elliptical
       Walking lunge with medicine ball twists
       Resistance Band Back Pedaling
       Resistance Band Karaoke Drills
       Resistance Band Side Shuffles
       Leg Press Until Fatigued
       Balance Exercises
       Step ups- Right leg Left leg up then Right leg Left leg down
                  As fast as you can for about a minute.
       10 minute cool-down on the stationary bike



    Today I locked in the privilege to work with my high school football team in the weight room and I am more than ecstatic about it. Just being in the weight room that I love the most made me jump into a group and start lifting with them. While I was in there I got a text from a teammate that said "Raider Pride til You Die" and I would have to agree. I miss being in competitive sports and this is an opportunity to stay in touch with the program that gave me so much as well as help out the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or Concerns? Ask